The Canadian Clock Museum
Awards & Publications
Awards & Publications
Visitors' Comments
Museum History
Awards & Publications
Virtual Tour
Canadian Makers
Canadian Books
Clock Restoration
Old Tools
Contact Us
Location, Hours & Fees

The "House of Snider" article for the NAWCC Bulletin 2010

| « Return to previous page |


Harry Snider started his first clock company, the Snider Clock Corporation, in Toronto in 1950.  The business was renamed the Snider Clock Mfg Company Ltd in 1957.  Harry's younger son Michael joined in 1962 and later took over operation of clocks production from about 1970 to 1976.  Michael created many of the new designs.

Allan Symons' article about Snider clocks was published in NAWCC Bulletin number 385, April 2010 starting on page 173.  This link will take you to the article online:

Below is the link to the Gallery on our museum's web site about the history of the two Snider companies, with pictures of many examples from our large collection of alarm, wall, TV lamp, starburst, and panel clocks.,_1950-1976).html