As of March 2015 the museum now has two old work benches in its Exhibit Room. An oak rolltop bench with foot-operated lathe was acquired in October 2008. The patent date on the large metal flywheel is 1898. It may have come originally from a watch/clock repair shop in Toronto.
In March 2015 we added by donation an open-top bench used by Max Silverman in his Dominion Jewellers shop in Ottawa for several decades starting around 1957.
Pictures of these two benches with some associated tools are shown in this Gallery.